WSJT-X 2.0 is a major upgrade
Release Schedule: Because the FT8 and MSK144 protocols will not be backward compatible with those in Version 1.9.1, there will be a staged schedule for testing and eventual release. Target dates for candidate releases are as follows:
- September 17, 2018: -rc1 Expires October 31, 2018
- October 15, 2018: -rc# Expires November 30, 2018
- November 12, 2018: -rc# Expires December 31, 2018
- December 10, 2018: GA Full release of WSJT-X 2.0
Additional bug-fix releases may occur between the four-week intervals shown above. For example, release candidate 2 (-rc2) was made on September 25. The candidates targeted for release on October 15 and November will therefore bear tag numbers 3 and 4, or higher.
Candidate Release WSJT-X 2.0-rc2
Candidate releases are intended for beta testers: individuals interested in testing the program’s new features and providing feedback to the WSJT Development Group. At the time of this release we have not yet completed the WSJT-X 2.0 User Guide. Potential users of the candidate release should read Quick-Start Guide to WSJT-X 2.0 before proceeding.
- Spanish WSJT-X_2.0_es.pdf (EA4BAS)
- German WSJT-X_2.0_de.pdf (OE1EQW)
- Norwegian WSJT-X_2.0_no.pdf (LA6VQ)
- Finnish WSJT-X_2.0_fi.pdf (OH1KH)
- Version 2.0.0-rc2: wsjtx-2.0.0-rc2-win32.exe. (runs on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win10, both 32- and 64-bit).
Installation instructions for Linux can be found here in the User Guide. Download the package file appropriate for your system, from the list below. (Versions installable with “apt-get” and “yum” will be made available as soon as our package maintainers create the packages.)
- Version 2.0.0-rc2
Installation instructions for version 2.0.0 can be found here in the User Guide.
- Version 2.0.0-rc2 for OS X 10.9 and later: wsjtx-2.0.0-rc2-Darwin.dmg
- Source code for WSJT-X 2.0-rc2 is available here: wsjtx-2.0.0-rc2.tgz
©2001-2018 by Joe Taylor, K1JT